Who is going to worry about a country most people cannot even find on a map?
We fund the Cambodian Self-Help Demining group in order to save lives. Providing Cambodians the opportunity to live safely, without the constant threat of danger from weapons that left untended after nearly 35 years of war is our goal.
The LMRF has 2 staff members living full-time in Cambodia working as advisors. Additionally they receive an rotating intern from the United States every 6 months.
What does the money raised go towards?
The money we collect, from supporters around the world, is used to support the work of Cambodian Self Help Demining, Aki Ra’s new demining organization. Our charter also allows us to support the work of the Cambodian Landmine Museum and other projects stemming from either CSHD or the Museum.
What have we done with the money to date?
- Purchased demining equipment and trucks for Cambodian Self-Help Demining
- Built 20 schools for the Rural School Village Program
- Provided over 2,500 children with school supplies and uniforms
- Supported an additional 5 schools with school supplies
- Established an Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team in Siem Reap
- Established a mobile EOD team in NW Cambodia
- Support the university scholarship program at the Landmine Museum
NONE OF THIS IS DONE ALONE
YOU are part of the solution.